Cross Culture Communication

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Buddhism

1.How is your daily life affected by Buddhism? What do you do and why do you do it?

We take a bath everyday. It seem to have come to Japan from China with transmission of Buddhism and have been understood to be good for health because it was preached 'seven disease is removed and seven kinds of happiness are provided' in teaching of Buddhism. I like to take a bath because I feel like it being with cleanliness, and both a heart and a body can be refreshed by soaking in a bustub.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rolf said...

Interesting, I never made the connection between purification and taking baths in Japanese society before.

10:04 PM  
Blogger HJU Teacher said...

I feel the same way as Rolf. I never thought of taking a bath as a part of Buddhism. Come to think of it, Europeans are the opposite and Americans do take many showers sometimes in one day and are accused of wasting water. Japan takes a bath but reuses the water. Interesting...

2:57 PM  
Blogger yellow dress said...

Wow!! I did'nt know that taking a bath has such a meaning!! It was very interesting!!

2:21 AM  
Blogger samantha said...

Hi, sky blue! Thank you for commenting on my blog!! I enjoyed the bath story. So interesting!!! I want to enjoy bath time.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Winnie the Pooh said...

I knew about a meaning of taking a bath for the first time. I also like to take a bath very much because taking a bath makes me relaxed and comfortable

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home