Cross Culture Communication

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Greeting

Did her speech change your views of Islam?

I listened to this speech, and my thought changed a little. A negative image was strong because I often heard news of terrorism and dispute about Islam. But I felt that it isn't only negative thing when I watched a photograph of the family who looked happy in this speech.


1.How do you greet people in your life? Is different for different people? Why?

When I greet people, I say "Ohayogozaimasu" or "Konnichiwa" etc. For friends, I say only greeting words or I sometimes wave with the words. For elderly, I greet with polite words and bow. Because I want to come in contact with friends and I need to honor the elder.


2. Do you touch people when you talk to them? Why? Or why not?

When I talk to people, I hardly touch them. I think how to communicate of Japanese basically don't touch and we call for polite to greet. But I often see people who shake hands. Shaking hands means friendly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home